- information we collect or information that you may provide when you visit our website;
- information we collect via email, through our online forms and other electronic messages between you and the website;
- information we receive from other sources, including service providers who provide us with personal information about you in order to help us better understand and cater to your preferences, improve the quality of our services to you, prevent or detect fraud, and for other business purposes;
- our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy DOES NOT apply to employees or independent contractors of any third-party service providers that we contract with in order to carry out our services. It also DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company websites or applications, as applicable, including websites you may access through our website;
- You provide to or is collected by any third-party;
- Is collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by KCG or any third party, including affiliates and subsidiaries.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our website including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card number, social security number, bank account or other financial account number or documents;
- That is about you but individually does not identify you;
- That we obtain from other sources, including service providers and other third-party vendors.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, including information you provide us in order for us to collect all information necessary to complete the requested transaction’
- Automatically as you navigate through the website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, financial information, location information, including the state or country from which you accessed the website, number of links you click within the website, date and number of times you visit the website and pages you viewed on the website;
- From external credit services, in order to obtain necessary credit information and contact details related to potential applicants in order to deliver our services.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email address), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the website.
- Other information voluntarily provided by you.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use technology to automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, log and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Device information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, operating system, mobile network information and device’s telephone number.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not visit our website.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests, speed up your searches, and recognize when you return to our website. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (For example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide us, including any personal information, to:
- Present our website and all related contents to you, and any other information, products or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices; to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- To notify you about changes to services we offer on our website.
- To create log files of information including IP addresses, browser type, ISPs, operating system and clickstream data in order to analyze trends, administer the Website, track user movements around the Website, gather demographic information about our user base and better tailor our services to user needs.
- To design and target marketing campaigns that introduce new products, services and related offers to users.
- To recommend services to users based on preferences.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests;
- Recognize you when you use the website.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. We may use information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
To make the website, we may need to share your personal information with third parties and service providers who perform services on our behalf. This section explains when and why we share your information.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To third-party service providers. For example, we may share your personal information with credit reporting services when we request a credit report regarding you, and to other potential sources of funding you identify to us. We may share your personal information with third parties who assist us with customer support services, who provide IT services, and who otherwise help us provide, maintain and improve our services.
- To collection agencies, in order to collect on delinquent accounts.
- To respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third parties.
- In connection with a transaction or proposed transaction involving the transfer of substantially all of the assets of KCG or one or more of its businesses to another entity, whether an affiliate or a third party, in connection with a bankruptcy or liquidation.
- For any other purposes disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of KCG, our customers or others.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
A cookie is a small file, often including a unique identifier, which is sent to your browser from a website and placed on the hard drive of your computer. We currently do not utilize cookies on our website.